If a landowner is looking for on-the-ground help with conducting a burn, this website can also help: By signing up for a login username, then the website user/member can publicly seek out, using the digital calendar, help with a burn or offer their services to help another landowner with a burn. The calendar can help a member see where and when people are burning in the southern Iowa and northern Missouri.
Educational videos and information concerning equipment rental for prescribed burns (fire brooms, backpack sprayers, drip torches…) can also be found on this website. The hope is that this website will encourage dialogue about the benefits of prescribed burning and facilitate burning participation among landowners.
HOW TO USE THIS SITE TO HELP YOU BURN
- Create a username and choose a memorable password
- Click on the “Burn Request” tab at the top of the screen
- Fill in the the appropriate information for your planned burn and click “Submit Event” at the bottom of the form
- Then click on the “Scheduled Events” tab at the top of the screen to see your event in the master calendar
- Wait for fellow prescribed burners to lend a hand or go ahead offer help to others!
Click HERE to view/print a burn plan form
My hope is that this website will help connect landowners so that they may share information and resources about how to best use fire as a tool to restore their land.Jen Abraham-White, SIOSA Administrative Assistant
The creation of this website and the embedded web videos shown below were made possible by the Resource Enhancement and Protection Conservation Education Program (REAP-CEP). If you have the time, please fill out and submit the following form to help us assess the functionality of the website. THANKS!!!